The Southeast Central Texas Homeschool co-op and support group serves the Southeast Central Texas area, including Fayette, Lee, Washington, Austin, Colorado, Lavaca, Gonzales, Caldwell, and Bastrop counties. We strive to fill a dual need for our area — that of secular homeschoolers as well as homeschoolers of gifted and twice-exceptional (gifted with a learning disability or behavioral disorder) kids. We aim to provide members with opportunities for meetups, classes, field trips, clubs, honor societies, and organized events.
Why I Started the Local Co-op
I launched SECTX Homeschool because of a desire to better suit the needs of my twice-exceptional son and a lack of secular co-ops and organizations in my surrounding area. In keeping with my original mission, I wanted to create something truly inclusive that was also a safe space for gifted and twice-exceptional kids.
What You Can Expect
Secular Gifted, LLC is sponsoring SECTX Homeschool’s administrative costs, hosting, networking, scheduling, and resource sharing services, with the intention of covering additional expenses in the future. There is no co-op fee since there currently are no costs for building rental, curriculum, etc. For now, each family will need to pay their own way for events, classes, field trips, and activities.
All Are Welcome
- Part- or full-time homeschoolers
- Any or no faith, race, or gender
- Gifted kids of all types:
- Type 1: The Successful
- Type 2: The Challenging
- Type 3: The Underground
- Type 4: The Angry
- Type 5: The Twice-Exceptional
- Type 6: The Autonomous Learner
- Gifted kids of all levels:
- Gifted or moderately gifted (G or MG)
- Highly gifted (HG)
- Exceptionally gifted (EG)
- Profoundly gifted (PG)
- Misdiagnosed (e.g.
ADHD) or dual-diagnosed kids (e.g. gifted and _____), such as:
- SLD, such as Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, and Dyscalculia
- SPD, ADHD, ADD, ODD, OCD, ASD, MPD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Turette’s Syndrome
- Sleep Disorder
- Kids with NOS mood, attention, behavior, or intellectual disorders or disabilities
- Kids with overexcitabilities:
- Kids who are intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent, energetic, asynchronous, a puzzle to figure out
- Kids who are just more
No testing or report needed.
No statement of faith required.
Only kindness, acceptance, and mutual respect.
Join SECTX Homeschool
Potential co-op members are welcome to attend Park Play Days every Friday at the Round Top Family Library, meet us at our monthly field trip, and join the Secular Gifted Network for free. By joining, you not only gain access to everything Southeast Central Texas Homeschool has to offer, but also you gain these great benefits and additional perks of the Secular Gifted Network.
Check out our Facebook page for more information or click the button below to join! Looking forward to meeting you!