What You Should Expect
The Secular Gifted Network will sponsor co-ops, community events, clubs, and classes. You can use it to:
- Meet folks who live near you and care about the same topics.
- Deep-dive into secular and gifted/2e homeschooling topics.
- Find exclusive content and conversations all in one place.
- Form sub-groups related to our mission.
- Post your own content.
- Swap stories, experiences, and ideas, not to offer advice, but so we can learn from each other.
- Save time with a one-stop spot for community, conversations, co-ops, and curriculum.
- Free yourself from noise and distractions of other social media.
Why I Built The Network
The Secular Gifted Network unites secular home educators of gifted/2e kids in a way that’s focused, valuable, and––most importantly––all our own. There’s no question it’s a different approach. And a new one, which may have a bit of a learning curve. I could have created a group somewhere else, but I chose this path for a few key reasons:
- It’s Ours. I’ve purposely chosen a forum that supports introverts as well as gifted/2e learners and their parents (who can also be easily distracted or overstimulated). As we build this community together, we have some great features for creating exclusive content, deeper conversations, richer polls, and online or in-real-life events. Plus, I have access to great analytics that will make me smarter and faster about what’s working for you, and what’s not.Following, liking, and subscribing to a bunch of services in different places takes time and effort, and it can be an incredibly distracting time-waster!
- There are More Ways for You to Meet Each Other. There are more ways to introduce people who are near each other, who fall into the same categories, and who care about the same topics. We can’t get that in free groups or on a website elsewhere.
- I Can Bring More Together in One Place. If you’re like me, you’re tired of searching here, there, and yonder for resources, then having to sort through those resources to see if they’re completely secular, “secular enough,” or not secular at all, and then having to make sure they’ll work for your special-needs kid! By launching this community, I can introduce you to more like-minded people and unlock valuable collaborations and exclusive content. Plus, we all gain back that precious time with our children. Everyone wins!
When you join, you gain access to all of these bonus perks in addition to the ones listed above.