What You Should Expect
The Secular Gifted Network serves multiple purposes and will be expanded upon as community demands grow. Secular Gifted, LLC will sponsor co-ops, community events, clubs, and classes. It can also be used to:
- Deep-dive into secular and gifted/2e homeschooling topics.
- Meet folks who live near you, care about the same topics, or have the same questions and concerns.
- Form sub-groups related to this organization’s mission.
- Post your own content (as long as you do so respectfully and responsibly).
- Swap stories, experiences, and ideas, not to offer advice, but so we can learn from each other.
- Save time with a one-stop spot for community; conversations; co-ops; resources; and peer-reviewed curriculum, professionals, and organizations.
- Free yourself from noise and distractions of other social media.
Why I Built the Network
I created the Secular Gifted Network to bring together home educators of gifted/2e kids in a way that’s focused, valuable, and––most importantly––all our own. There’s no question it’s a different approach. And a new one, which may have a bit of a learning curve. I could have created a group somewhere else, but I chose this path for a few key reasons:
- It’s Ours. I’ve purposely chosen a forum that supports introverts as well as gifted/2e learners and their parents (who can also be easily distracted or overstimulated). As we build this community together, we have some great features for creating exclusive content, deeper conversations, richer polls, and online or in-real-life events. Plus, I have access to great analytics that will make me smarter and faster about what’s working for you, and what’s not.Following, liking, and subscribing to a bunch of services in different places takes time and effort, and it can be an incredibly distracting time-waster!
- There are More Ways for You to Meet Each Other. There are more ways to introduce people who are near each other, who fall into the same categories, and who care about the same topics. We can’t get that in free groups or on a website elsewhere.
- I Can Bring More Together in One Place. If you’re like me, you’re tired of searching here, there, and yonder for resources, then having to sort through those resources to see if they’re completely secular, “secular enough,” or not secular at all, and then having to make sure they’ll work for your special-needs kid! By launching this community, I can introduce you to more like-minded people and unlock valuable collaborations and exclusive content. Plus, we all gain back that precious time with our children. Everyone wins!
The Network no longer requires a membership fee! When you join, you gain access to all of these additional perks in addition to the ones listed above.
Guess what else? I’m also on Patreon! With your help, I can expand the Secular Gifted Network to do even cooler things.